Do you have a goal weight in mind, and believe that as soon as we step on the scales, life is just going to fall into place?
Unfortunately I’m here to tell you this isn’t the case. But the good news, everything can fall into place RIGHT this second - and there's an amazing freebie for you at the bottom of the post!
What do you tell yourself, will happen when you lose those extra kilo’s?
- You’ll finally be happy.
- You’ll stop counting calories.
- You’ll be able to fit into all of your clothes again.
- Your going to feel amazing!
- Insert your own feeling of choice here.
Today I wanted to share with you 4 things you MUST know before you achieve your goal weight.
- You won’t be any happier. As a society more and more we become dependent on something happening before we think we will be happy. Wether it’s when we reach our goal weight, when we find the ideal partner, or when we achieve all of our goals. Unfortunately, the reality is that once you get there you will most likely move the goal post. You will then want to lose another 2 kg’s or the house isn’t perfect until you do this, or your partner isn’t as ideal as you imagined because…
So decide to be happy today, because life is happening right now…
- Your weight doesn’t mean anything. In scientific terms your weight is just the amount of mass that your body is. It isn’t a reflection of who you are as a person, your contribution to the world, represent you in any way.
Ditch the scales, and instead recognize yourself because of how brilliant you are.
- There’s much more to life then how much space you occupy. Instead of counting the kilo’s count the blessings in your life. What are you thankful for? Who are you thankful for? What amazing skills do you have that no-one else has? After all we are all-individual and have a unique set of talents, that the world needs.
Keep a gratitude diary, and count your blessings, not the kilo’s.
- Your weight will change throughout your life, and that’s ok. Your body has a natural setting point that it’s naturally happy to hover around. This setting point changes throughout as you age. Your bodies natural setting point will be a lot different when your 40, as opposed to when you were 18.
Don’t compare yourself to what you weighed 20 years ago, as to what you do today. You’re a completely different person today, then who you were then, so why would your body be any different?
I hope this has inspired you to ditch the scales and count life by truly what matters. Love, deep belly laughs, exploring, creativity and whatever fill’s you up with joy from the inside out.
After all were only here for a limited time, so lets make every moment count and look after our bodies so they can fuel us through life’s adventures.