It's that time of year, I’ve seen my clients hit by the flu, one by one, and hoping I manage to avoid it...
Every winter I do the following to boost my immune system. Touch wood, I haven’t been hit by the flu just yet, I’ve managed to get away with some sniffles, so I must be doing something right.
My Bone Broth recipe (Referenced in audio blog.)
- 1 Chicken carcass (I like to use organic). You can also use beef bones here instead.
- For extra bonus points add some chicken feet.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (helps to draw the goodness out of the bones)
- A bunch of parsley
- A couple of cloves of garlic
- Put the chicken carcass in a large pan. Add 2 litres of filtered water and add the vinegar. I let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes whilst I chop up all the vegetables.
- I add all the ingredients and some salt and pepper, and slowly bring to a boil. Once it's boiled I leave to simmer on the lowest setting.
- I usually leave mine like this for up to 24 hours, and allow it to cool before skimming the surface and draining the ingredients using a sieve.
You can use the broth in replacement of stock in your meals or soups, or drink by the cup.
It will be ok in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. I make a huge batch and freeze the rest.
Get Your Free Meal Plans Here