It's that time of year, I’ve seen my clients hit by the flu, one by one, and hoping we manage to avoid it...
Every winter we do the following to boost my immune system. Touch wood, we haven’t been hit by the flu just yet, we’ve managed to get away with some sniffles, so I must be doing something right.
Our Bone Broth recipe (Referenced in audio blog.)
- 1 Chicken carcass (I like to use organic). You can also use beef bones here instead.
- For extra bonus points add some chicken feet.
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery
- Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (helps to draw the goodness out of the bones)
- A bunch of parsley
- A couple of cloves of garlic
- Put the chicken carcass in a large pan. Add 2 litres of filtered water and add the vinegar. I let it sit for 20 – 30 minutes whilst I chop up all the vegetables.
- We add all the ingredients and some salt and pepper, and slowly bring to a boil. Once it's boiled I leave to simmer on the lowest setting.
- We usually leave mine like this for up to 24 hours, and allow it to cool before skimming the surface and draining the ingredients using a sieve.
You can use the broth in replacement of stock in your meals or soups, or drink by the cup.
It will be ok in the fridge for 3 or 4 days. We make a huge batch and freeze the rest.
Get Your Free Meal Plans Here