Firstly I love LA. I feel like it's what Bondi should be - expansive, thriving, and with a pulse of its own. I absolutely love Bondi and our beautiful coast, but love how you have space in LA, and don't need to listen to at least 5 peoples conversations whilst chilling on the beach.
I love to research before I go away, so I can spend as much time as possible whilst there immersing myself, so I hope if your thinking of going to LA, this will help you in your planning, espesically in having a healthy trip to LA.
Both Times we have visited LA, we have stayed in a apartment on airbnb, in Santa Monica. Personally I love the beach vibe of LA, and not so much the city. We found hiring a apartment to be our best option, as it meant we had access to a small kitchenette to make breakfast and prepare healthy snacks, although Santa Monica definitely has some amazing hotels right on the beachfront if you want to splash out.
I would highly recommend hiring a car when in LA. Its so much easier to get around. Here's my top tips for things to add to your to do list.
- Visit Mailbu. Malibu was one of my favourite places. It has amazing beaches, and hiking trails within mere moments of each other. We hiked at Santa Mountain mountains and then visited Malibu Farm cafe for lunch after building up an appetite.
- Have a day in Hollywood. Personally I think a day is all you need. Whilst your there you must take a tour of peoples famous homes (No idea if there true are not, but it is good fun!), Hit the strip at Beverly hills ( I have never seen anywhere so perfectly manicured!), Find some stars on the boardwalk and try and be in the audience at the Jimmy Kimmel show. We saw Sofia Verga on the show which I think was one of husbands highlights from our trip. They also have a free concert afterwards.
- Hire a Bike and bike along the awesome boardwalk. The bike trail goes for up to 26 miles depending on how keen you are.
- Walk along Santa Monica Pier, its beautiful.
- Moon juice - With a name like moon juice, how could you not go? Delicious juices.
- Venice Ale House - Serving organic pub food, just across from the beach. Perfect for a bite after watching the sunset.
- Malibu farm cafe - Amazing location, and the food is locally sourced from their farm.
- Tar and Roses - Amazing food, this has been my favorite meal I've had on both visits!
- Cafe gratitude - An organic vegan cafe offering a abundance of foods, juices and smoothies. A must visit!
Do you have any recommendations that I should check out the next time? I would love to hear them in the comments below x